Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Basic & Comfy

Sade & Rahat
{}
{}
Home Reno round 2 is going on in my home, and spring has failed to arrive. That means we are getting toxic fumes while our previously beige doors are being painted white, and we can't open a window without freezing. Looking at so many pretty pictures on blogs makes you think it's easy doesn't it? But even though I have a long way to go before it's "complete", I'm already liking the feeling of being home.
{}
I love Muuto's "Rest" sofa by Anderssen & Voll. It doesn't look stiff like many other modern looking sofas. My sofa is very different but the picture has the exact look I'm aiming for:  basic and comfy. (Let's hope I achieve it!)
{}
Tadilat round 2 evimde devam ededursun, bahar bir türlü gelemedi. Bu da kapılar bej'den beyaza boyanırken çıkan toksik kokulardan kurtulmak için cam açamadığımız anlamına geliyor. Bloglarda güzel resimlere bakmak insanı bu işin çok da zor olmadığı yanılgısına düşürüyor. Herşeyin "tamam" olmasına daha uzun bir yolum var ama şimdiden evde olmak bana mutluluk verir oldu.
{}
Yukardaki resimde görülen Muuto'nun "Rest" kanepesini beğeniyorum, çoğu modern kanepenin aksine pofidik görünüyor. Benim kendi kanepem çok farklı ama resim hedeflediğim görünümü iyi yansıtıyor: sade ve rahat. 
{}
 {}
I came across these pictures above and below at two different places. Aren't the layouts nearly identical? It almost looks like it's one of those "one room, two looks" kind of features. Even the sofas made from pallets with wheels are similar. I like the large clock and animal pillows above, the wall lamp and the extended pallet used for stacking magazines below.
{}
Üstteki ve alttaki resimlere iki farklı yerde rastladım. Yerleşimleri neredeyse aynı değil mi? "Bir oda, iki görünüm" tarzı bir yazı için çekilmişler adeta. Tekerlekli paletten yapılma divanlar bile aynı. Üstte büyük saat ve hayvanlı yastıkları, altta duvar lambası ve paletin dergi koymak için uzun bırakılmasını sevdim.
{}
{}
Images 1, Muuto via Casa Papaioannou, 2 via In My House, 3 Seesaw.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the last photo very old style and the floors are amazing
www.rawfashionmagazine.com

Coreytess said...

Hi, I have you on my "blogs i read and i follow you" would appreciate your returning the favor.. check my blog out at http://style-magnet.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

animal print <3

Henry Mejia said...

Hii great reading your blog